Artist Research - Anna Fox - Country Girls

"Collaboration with Alison Goldfrapp exploring story telling and constructed imagery.
A series of staged colour photographs based on both personal stories (experiences of growing up as young women in rural Southern England) and the story of Sweet Fanny Adams, violently murdered in Alton in the early 1900’s."


Dead bodies litter the scenes of Rural New Forest, sharply contrasted by the constructed world of the model. Whats interesting is that growing up in Rural New Forest my self, i relate to a lot of these experiences, sat on a log pile, or walking dogs through woodland. Exploring the sun flower fields and half expecting to find sometime that would rock my world completely. 

In terms of telling stories, this one is a little close to home to be honest, Alton is an hour or so from where I live, so everything in these photographs feels very familiar to me. Basically, these photographs could have been taken in my back garden. I feel like that's the reason that these photographs unsettle me as they do.

I not sure i like the way that the stories are told in these images, there's a lack of flow and its more like they are individual dioramas. Although i wonder if this would be an effective way to tell stories in my shoots. Should the mise en scene within the image create the story, or do i have to tell it in a sequence of images?


















0 comments :

Post a Comment