Night Experiments V - [Cinematographic Attempt I] - Edits Part I

The purpose of this shoot, or at least this small part of it, was to create a scene. Really it was a small experimentation into photographic Mise En Scene. This is what i'm going to explore on this side of my shoots. I feel that i've split into Two strands. One that is centred around illumination, the other around photographic Mise En Scene. This shoot would fall into the later.
I was trying, or at least experimenting with making a movie scene that was part of a photograph. I'm not sure this succeeded to a huge extent, but the basic idea behind what i'm looking to achieve has been cemented. This shoot serves as a foundation, but what i'm looking to create that is a little more advanced.
Within this photograph, the framing is good, but the fill light and recovery is too high within the edit, which blows out any contrast adjustments, it also creates a large amount of noise within the image. Also my camera bag is in the image. Which kills it completely.
In this image, i'm experimenting with the depth of field and bokeh ""the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light". I like the way it came out, i feel like its a good reflection, but i'm not sure its something that i would follow. Cinematography feels like it should be crisp. 
This was more of lens test and attempting to create the scene i wanted. Hence the model smiling.
This image works really well. The way that the use of space and composition creates a really good looking scene. There's a story within this image, i really like that. I'm a also liking the lighting and the way that it shines over the garage doors. The shadow that is cast by my model gives a real sense of loneliness
I'd say the same about this photo as the one above it, lighting works well i think and there is clearly a story behind whats going on, need to work on Mise En Scene a little within this one.
I feel like i've pushed the fill light to high within this photo, overexposure was not the issue, but the post edit has come out a little to bright. This is clear within the model's hair and the color of the brick work. Next time i need to push the contrast and recovery up a little.
Once again my fill light seems a little too high on this shot.

This is my favourite shot in the entire shoot. I feel like the composition is the strongest, the lighting is the best, and the post edit is the finest of the entire shoot. The saturation, contrast and recovery are all perfect for this photograph.
I really like this shot, the lighting on my model seems really crisp. This was done in the post edit to alter the color of the light, as the car headlights are not bright white originally.


An interesting expression on the my model on this shot, i love the way the shadow is cast, creates a fantastic sense of being alone and the ominous nature of the situation.

0 comments :

Post a Comment