Artist Research - Lisa DiLillo - Before the echo

So i'm investigating different ways of illuminating a scene, to reveal how we experience things, and then record them. These long exposure shotsby Lisa DiLillo are almost perfect for what i'm looking for. 

These are creative ways of illuminating a scene. After some thought, i think that all of these are actually done, in the context of nothing is created using CGI. This way my first thought about how i could litterally recreate these images, using particle systems in after effects, but the lighting in the images told me that that would be close to impossible with my level of experience. I love the idea of using fireworks or something of the explosive variety to light my scenes, but i might go for something a little safer to begin with.


Selfishly, i love the green colour contrast that is in this photograph. Its strong and really stands out. I find this is interesting, because its one of the few images here that uses gas and not explosions. I can't help but thinking that it feels a little like the smoke monster from lost. I'm really sure what how i want to reflect this. It feel like its saying that there is something so much bigger in the photo, that continues to surround the tree.


Another image that is using gas. What really interesting is how it lights up, Visible Gas is a fantastic way of illuminating the surrounding area. I might try this, i would be interested to see how using a smoke machine and putting a light within the smoke.






0 comments :

Post a Comment